Google+ for Business
Although Google+ may not yet have established its social networking credentials, or enjoy the traffic seen on other social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, it’s worth adding your business to it and including it in your social media strategy.
Google have recently launched Search, plus Your World, an update to their search algorithm which allows Google+ users to view personalised search results based on the recommendations (or +1s) of users from their circles. As more social media links start to appear at the top of these tailored search results, any business or organisation without a Google+ profile may see their web presence reduced. By creating a Google+ brand page for your business and getting as many +1s as possible, your page is more likely to be recommended in Google’s search results, making the SEO opportunity for your business immense. Google+ also enables you to see and track who is recommending your brand, as well as allowing you to interact with those followers on a more personal level.
5 steps for setting up a basic business page in Google+:
- Go to the Google+ Business Page and choose a category that best suits your business
- Fill out the details on the corresponding form and click ‘Create’
- Customise your page with a tagline and profile photo (you can skip this and do it later)
- Share your page with everyone in your circles (you can also skip this and do it later)
- Link your website, get the Google+ badge or post updates to your newly created Google+ page
It only takes a couple of minutes to set up a basic page. Not only will it help to enhance your current web presence, those few minutes may eventually be the difference between your business appearing at the top of search results, or not being seen at all.